SPB Foundation

SPB Foundation

Listen to SPB songs non-stop..

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Theology, knowing thyself


"Who is GOD?".

The answer for this question differs from person to person. If you ask an atheist, he will mock at you, and may define the term as 'nature' by considering himself as Baron d'Holbach. On the other hand, just ask a person who believes in the existence of GOD, he will define the term with specific conceptions. And ask a scientist, especially a Physicist, he will adjust his spectacle, and will reply 'Light' by deriving some equations and the great Albert Einstein and his equations will assist him to confuse us. And, do not seek the definition from a philosopher, because you will end up with a state of bewilderment. Even the definition of 'GOD' is itself ambiguity; hence the question of his/her/its existence is again very ambiguous. But according to the old adage and conviction 'There will be a power above us which rules us', and the power again differs from person to person and his thoughts. And one must agree that the GOD is nothing but a superior soul, and an honesty heart which will help you to know thyself. For me, the power which makes me to know myself is nothing but the divine MUSIC.

I'm not an atheist, usually believes in my own GOD. It was 1997, when I was doing my Undergraduate, one of my close friends, was an atheist and he was always scolding the superstitious, and whenever he happened to see me in listening to some devotional songs which I used to, before going to any examination, then again he will start his scolding at my illogical belief. He was very normal student in studies, and he passed all his exams with average marks, still without arrears. There was an allied paper in our under-graduate, 'Electricity & Magnetisms'; he attempted that paper three times, but all in vain. Then, in the final semester, I requested my friend to listen an audio, which is about Guru Raghavendra, before going to prepare for that Physics paper. Again he annoyed with me and the same old story, the scolding. But somewhat I requested him to listen in that audio, then at least to respect my friendship, he agreed and started to listen in that audio everyday, before preparing for the exam and finished that paper with confidence. Finally, the result announced, believe me or not, he scored a mammoth eighty three (out of one hundred) in that paper which eluded him for the past three semesters.

Days, Months, years are running like anything.

I still remember our conversation after he got the result of his Physics paper. I wanted him to agree the existence of GOD or at least the existing power as Music, hence, I asked him 'So now you believe in GOD?' he nodded and replied me 'Not the GOD, but the Goddess POWER', as I smiled with smug, and asked 'You mean the MUSIC?', and 'YES' was the reply which I expected from his mouth, but he replied 'No'.

Now, I was perplexed and asked again 'IF NOT MUSIC, THEN??' He replied very calmly like a saint,

'THAT VOICE'

Happy Birthday to that GOD and his GODLY VOICE.


-S.Balasubramanian
www.prodigyhub.org

No comments:

Blog Flux Directory