SPB Foundation

SPB Foundation

Listen to SPB songs non-stop..

Monday, August 21, 2006

Mood vs Manifestation

Mood vs Manifestation

Nor a calf gets frightened as I used to participate in many music competitions when I was only eight. Two years of non-stop participations in musical competitions, I used to sing fast-paced songs like “Podhuvaga En manasu thangam” and etc. I won many soap boxes and silver-like plates as prizes; those are valuable prizes even today in the village-based schools. Then, the triumph of Indian Cricket Team headed by Sunny Gavaskar in the Benson-Hedges tournament shifted my interest from Music to Cricket, hence, Tamil music field, indisputably, lost a singer with Shankar Mahadevan’s ability! Eventhough I won many ‘Man of the match’ in Cricket, and awarded with some Cups and cash awards, those were magnum of my opuses when I won some less-valued soap boxes for my open-throated music talents. But the adage is very much true that one can’t expect silence from a mouth which sings for years, hence when I was in 13, in a trip to Mookambu (a famous tourist spot in Trichy) I again started to sing, and my first song was “Kalyana malai” from Pudhu Pudhu Aarthangal, which gained me a place in a school-level Junior music competition, and I told by the teachers to select some popular songs to sing in the finals, then I selected two songs from the movie “Kizhaku Vaasal” music scored my the Maestro, one is sung by Raaja himself “Ada Veetuku Veedu” and other by SP Bala, “Paadi Parantha Kili”, finally, I sang the second one, and won in that competitions.

“Paadi Parandha Kili” is a popular pathos number scored by Raaja for the movie “Kizhaku Vaasal”. Raaja very well understood the taste of music fans, hence he used to compose songs, some melodious, some rustic teasing based and some pathos. If you look at Raaja’s movie very keenly, the you’ll come to know this, the movies like Paayangal Mudivadhillai, Alaigal Ooyivadhillai, Udhya Geetham and Idhyakoil are some instances, and as all of you aware these movies’ songs very well reached the wide range of audience, hence Raaja used the same trick in this movie “Kizhaku Vaasal” too, and this song “Paadi paarantha Kili” is for pathos mood to attract the audience, who pours tears to grow a long beard for showing their love failures. So, Raaja is the one, who not only introduced divinity in film music, but also the commercial values.

It’s hard to compose songs of different tastes, I agree, but one should agree this also without argument that it is even harder to represent, sing those songs of different tastes. But for a singer, who is internationally known for his versatility, it is a job of second, and he use to represent all the tastes of a composer with an ease, he is SP Bala. If a composer gets a singer of SP.Bala’s caliber, he then doesn’t have any problem in giving tasty feast to the audience. In this song also, SPB starts with open-throated humming, as one will downpour tears from the eyes, ofcourse which is a success of any pathos song.

SPB is like, what Sachin is in Cricket, usually starts to catch our souls from the very starting of a song and throughout the whole with perfection and dedication. In this song also SPB starts with that grieve humming and make the audience to snivel soulfully. As I amazed at many times about SPB and his expressive, one more time I’ve to, when he sings the lines “Nenju Vedicha Adhu Thaangadhu”, especially the word “Nenju”. Ofcourse the hero Kartick also adds values to this song with his expressive acting.

Whenever I listen to this song, I get some nostalgia of my school days, even when I was doing MCA, my friends asked me to sing a song, that time I hummed few lines of this song, and it’s true, neither a dwarf gets frightened.

www.prodigyhub.org

No comments:

Blog Flux Directory