SPB Foundation

SPB Foundation

Listen to SPB songs non-stop..

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The unsung series - Special # 3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When the movie 'Nayagan' (1987) was released, I was sad to learn that SPB didn't have any song in that movie. I'm a crazy fan of Kamal and a crazy fan of SPB. I never missed this duo in many movies for a very long time.

"Then Pandi Seemaiyile" was a great song with a superb tune by Maestro. Both Kamal and Ilayaraja had sung this song as solos, in two different situations in the movie.

I still remember in the credits of the movie, Ilayaraja was shown as Music Director and within brackets it was said as "(400th Film!)" - I can't express how I felt when I read that on the big screen!

The flute instrumental of this song was widely used in that movie in many scenes - I can say this is the 'theme song' of Nayagan! I really wished SPB had a song in this movie! Well. SPB might have heard my wish! :)

This is another unsung song of SPB in the series, which is very mesmerizing and soothing.

No comments:

Blog Flux Directory