SPB Foundation

SPB Foundation

Listen to SPB songs non-stop..

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Tere Payal Mere Geet" Hindi Songs by SPB


Dear SPB Fans,

Taking inspiration from Magi’s email about the Hindi film song “Tere Payal Mere Geet”, I am posting now three songs sung by our SPB from the Movie whose Title is also “Tere Payal Mere Geet”. This movie seems to have been released in the year 1992. Some websites mention the year as 1989. So, somewhere between 1989~1992.

I thank Magi for having introduced me to the songs. They are really great to listen. Our SPB’s voice is so rich in all these songs thanks to good quality recording also.

Music is by the doyen Naushad, one of the popular Hindi Music Directors who has given so many melodious with the great Mohammed Rafi.

While browsing websites for these songs, I came across some interview articles of our SPB which talks about this film and the background to our SPB singing for this movie. I thought this would be of interest to you all. I am reproducing the same below.

Extract from one of the SPB interviews :
Question to SPB in one of the interviews : After a few hits (such as in the films “Ek Duje Ke Liye” and “Hum Aapke Hain Koun?”) you did not pursue Hindi playback singing keenly.

SPB’s answer : At that time I was at my peak in the South. It was not possible to keep shuttling between Mumbai and Chennai. Moreover, after the demise of Mohammed Rafi and Kishore Kumar on the verge of retirement, there was a vacuum. My entry raised a lot of hope. Soon a fresh band of singers from the North emerged and it was natural for music directors to patronize regional talent. But even now, when directors feel that only I can do justice to a particular number, they invite me and I oblige. Naushadji once called me and requested me to render all the songs in the film “Tere Payal Mere Geet”. The film flopped commercially but Naushadji received the “Miya Tansen” award while I bagged the best classical singer award



Extract from another article about SPB :
The fact that the talent to sing is paramount and the accent is secondary was proved when SPB got an opportunity to sing under Naushad in "Tere Payal Mere Geet". "To sing for a purist like him was distant dream for me," recalls Balu, adding, "But it became a reality when Uttam Singh, the arranger who works for RamLaxman, Ilaiyaraaja and Naushad introduced me to him. I had my doubts about my being able to satisfy his exacting needs. But I thought I should at least sing in his presence because if he rejects me that would also be a privilege." But after listening to him, Naushad went ahead and recorded songs. He also complimented Balu lavishly and affectionately "on my singing and faultless diction." It was the greatest compliment he received in his entire career, the singer said.

Apart from the above, I have my own experience to share at this point where Naushad - SPB combination is being mentioned. More than 10 years back, I read an interview article of Naushad in The Hindu. In that article, he made a special mention about our SPB, saying that, he had a special trait of picking up & understanding the nuances of a song and recording it fast unlike Mohamed Rafi who took a longer time. This comparison was mentioned by Naushad himself in that article.

Now, please go ahead and listen to the three great songs by clicking on the play button of the player one after another

I was able to get lyrics for only one song in this movie which I have provided below

LYRICS :

teri paayal mere geet, tu saragam hai main sangeet - 2
teri paayal mere geet

gora mukhada chanchal bindiya
sapane dekhe le gayi nindiya
aa ...
gora mukhada chanchal bindiya
sapane dekhe le gayi nindiya
man ki haar hai pyaar ki jeet - 2
teri paayal mere geet

ek pal milake jhuk gaye naina - 2
tir chalake ruk gaye naina - 2
ghaayal manava paagal preet - 2
teri paayal mere geet - 2

chaar dinon ki rut hai javaani
pyaar ki de de koi nishaani
aa ...
chaar dinon ki rut hai javaani
pyaar ki de de koi nishaani
dekh ye rut na jaaye beet - 2
teri paayal mere geet
tu saragam hai main sangeet
teree, paayal, teri paayal mere geet

teri paayal
ga ma pa ga ma pa ni sa
pa ni sa re sa re sa re sa re sa
teri paayal
ni sa ga ma pa ma ga sa ...

tha na di re na ...
sa ga ma pa ni ni sa ...
sa ga ma pa ni ni sa ...

aa ...


Tere Payal Mere Geet
Sorry, your browser doesn't support the embedding of multimedia.

Baat Sabse Karo Pyar Humse Karo
Sorry, your browser doesn't support the embedding of multimedia.

Har Jawaan Dil Ko Kisise
Sorry, your browser doesn't support the embedding of multimedia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dasarathi sir, Good work. I hope We will expect more n more new members in our group through from ur new hindi postings. All the best.

Anonymous said...

WAAV
Thank you very much Mr Dasarathi. I am highly elated to have this song in the blog. Very recently Vikas introduced me to this sing and I fell flat for it. I wanted to share it with you all and you approved of it too.

Only he could have sung the way he has sung.

Blog Flux Directory