SPB Foundation

SPB Foundation

Listen to SPB songs non-stop..

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SPByin Tamizh "MOZHI" Paattu



Dear SPB Fans,

I would like to present to you all my recent experience with the Tamil movie "Mozhi". I was told it is a very good movie and there I was at the theatre along with my family last Sunday (25.03.07).

Well, the beginning gave a clear hint that it was to be a great movie. Then the first few songs appeared on the screen. The songs were melodious but i could identify none of the singers from their voices. And out of the blue like a whiff of fresh air, floats our SPB's voice filling up the theatre, as he starts the song "Kannaal Pesum Penne". I had no idea that our SPB had sung a song for this film. I was least expecting it and it was a pleasant surprise for me getting treated to his voice. And WOW, how young his voice sounded. He was singing for the young hero PrithviRaj and how well it matched him. Our SPB still singing for a "24 year old" hero. Evergreen indeed. A very soft and melodious rendering with lot of voice modulations and improvisations. The way he says "i am sorry" in the song is really cute. I thought I should present to you all, this song. A lively composition by Vidyasaagar with a good rhythmic beat. From the websites, i understood that this tune was originally created by Vidyasaagar for a song in the Malayalam film "Sathyam Sivam Sundaram" which was rendered by Hariharan. I also listened to the Malayalam version. It is good in the Pallavi but is not captivating in the charanams whereas the SPB version is great throughout.

Vairamuthu is the lyricist for all the songs in this movie and it has received raving reviews from all quarters. In an interview he has said that 99% of his songs being written for tunes, in Mozhi it was tune for his lyrics which has given him more freedom.

Coming to the movie, it is a tender one with fine performances by all - PrithviRaj (a malayalam actor), PrakashRaj, Jothika, Swarnamaalya, Brahmaanandham (telugu comedian) and a few others too with Jyothika coming out with top honours in a deaf & dumb role. It is a must to see. Do not miss it. See it in the ambience of a theatre. It would be great. PrakashRaj, as the producer, has given a great offering to the masses. Not even a hint of obscenity. A good one, for the entire family. You will be in tears throughout the movie for either of the two diversified reasons - "touching scenes" & "riotous comedy woven into the storyline".

Below are some reviews i came across in some of the websites which speaks about our SPB & this song

IndiaGlitz

Can an album that is rich in resonance and rhyme miss out on the brilliance of SPB? The master packs a punch as only he can. Again it is a celebration of silence in the richest possible way. The music is full of endearing life. The jazzy feel is almost priceless as the trumpet pieces almost transport you to the streets of New Orleans. Again, the words and music both score. The life in the number is infectious and wakes up the child in you.

A blogger

Everytime I think there are so many new voice that can potentially replace SPB, he makes me fall in love with his voice all over again. Kannal Pesum Penne is easily one of his best songs in the recent times. When most people sing by the melody, melody seems to be flowing according to his singing. The expression and emotion in this voice is so rich that I can't think of anyone else who would done justice to this song. Long live the voice of this legend!

Nilacharal.com

By director's request or his own decision, Vidyasagar has re-used his Malayalam super hit tune here. Listening to S.P. Balasubramiam's voice after a long time gives the feeling of meeting an old friend after a long gap. S.P.B's voice is still in form and has refused to age along with him. The song is backed by toe-tapping rhythm and beautiful orchestration. Vairamuthu's pen has danced all over leaving his stamp all over.

Rediff News

Following this is S P Balasubramaniam's Kannaal pesum penne which is a happy blend of Indian and western tunes. The lover rues his mistake and pleads for forgiveness in a mixture of serious and playful manner. The ascent and descent of beats, rhythmic changes, impressive instrumentation and SPB's expertise in voice modulation makes this a captivating piece.

Song Name : Kannaal Pesum Penne
Movie : Mozhi
Music : Vidyasagar
Singers : SPB
Lyrics : Vairamuthu
Actors : PrithviRaj, Prakash Raj, Jothika, Swarnamaalya, Brahmaanandham
Director : Radha Mohan
Producer : Prakash Raj



kannaal pesum penne enai mannippaayaa
kavidhai thamizhil kaettaen enai mannippaayaa
salavai seidha nilave enai mannippaayaa
siru thavarai thavari seidhaen enai mannippaayaa
enadhukkorikkai nee keladi keladi unadhu kovangalum enadi
unadhu sillenra kan paaradi paaradi enadhu saabangalai theeradi

kannaal pesum penne enai mannippaayaa
oru kavidhai thamizhil kaettaen enai mannippaayaa

nilaa pesuvadhillai adhu orukkurai illaiye aah
kurai azhagenru kondaal vaazkayil engum pizhai illaiye
penne arindhu kondaen iyalbae azhagu enbaen
poovai varaindhu adhile meesai varaiya maattaen
mounam pesumbothu saththam kaetka maattaen
moonrampiraiyinullae nilavai thaeda maattaen
vaazhvao thuvarkudhadi vayasoa kasakkudhadi
saigaiyilae enai manniththu saabam theeradi
O I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry
O oh I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry
O I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry
O oh I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry

kannaal pesum penne enai mannippaayaa
oru kavidhai thamizhil kaettaen enai mannippaayaa

engae kurunagai engae kurumbugal engae kooradi O
kannil kadal konda kannil puyal chinnam aedho theriyudhadi
sella konjal vaendaam chinna chinungal poadhum
paarthu pazhaga vaendaam paadhi chirippu poadhum
kaarappaarvai vaendam orappaarvaippoadhum
vaasal thirakka vaendaam jannal mattum poadhum
vaazhkkai kadakkudhadi naatkal nanaikkudhadi
irukkannaal en vaazhvai nee eeram seiyadi
O I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry
O oh I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry
O I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry
O oh I am sorry, I am sorry I am sorry

kannaal pesum penne enai mannippaayaa
oru kavidhai thamizhil kaettaen enai mannippaayaa
salavai seidha nilave enai mannippaayaa
siru thavarai thavari seidhaen enai mannippaayaa
enadhukkorikkai nee keladi keladi unadhu kovangalum enadi
unadhu sillenra kan paaradi paaradi enadhu saabangalai theeradi




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dasarathi sir,

Tamizh blogla podanumnu ninachen muntheeteenga. Very nice song.

Blog Flux Directory